For many people, the decision of whether to divorce can be overwhelming. A process that not just takes over all of your emotions but often the ability to think clearly. Spouses often just want the process to be over with once the decision to divorce is made, but the time between deciding that you need a divorce and actually telling your spouse is a crucial period. If you handle your decisions and thought process well, you will enter your Texas divorce case with an advantage.
5 Things To Keep In Mind When Going Through A Texas Divorce
- Always assume that you are being recorded.
- Always be polite and respectful in your conversations – if for no other reason than you are assuming that you are being recorded!
- Do not discuss legal proceedings or your relationship with your spouse in the presence of your children. This includes adult children!
- Take photos or videos of high-value electronics, furniture, paintings, artwork, antiques, and jewelry.
- If you post to social media, assume that one of your trusted “friends” in your private account settings will share your postings, photos, and information with your spouse.
Are You Considering Getting Divorced In Texas?
If you are considering getting divorced in Texas you need to speak with an experienced Texas divorce attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Texas divorce law office directly at 214.501.5789 to schedule your free consultation with our divorce attorneys. With a total of over 70 years of experience in Texas divorce law our lawyers are committed to helping our clients work towards the best outcome for their future.